Group counseling is a form of therapy that involves meeting with a group of individuals who are dealing with similar concerns. A typical group consists of one therapists and anywhere from 3 to 10 participants. Group counseling provides a supportive environment to discuss problems and concerns and to work towards your goals. Joining a group of strangers and talking about personal issues can seem intimidating. However, there are several benefits to group therapy.
Benefits of Group Therapy:
- Provides a sounding board
- Promotes social skills
- Helps you realize you are not alone
- Facilitates giving and receiving support
- Helps you find your voice
- Helps you relate to others in healthy ways
- Provides a safety net
- Costs less than individual counseling
- Teaches you about yourself
Sill questioning whether group counseling is a good fit for you? Contact me for a brief consultation to get more information about the group you are interested in.