Sometimes we find ourselves struggling, often privately and in silence, to cope with something until we begin to talk to others and soon realize that there are other people facing similar concerns. Group counseling is a form of therapy that provides a safe and supportive space to discuss problems and concerns and work towards your goals while connecting with others. A typical group consists of one therapists and anywhere from 3 to 10 participants. Joining a group of strangers and talking about personal issues can seem intimidating but there are several benefits to group therapy.
Benefits of Group Therapy:
- Increase self-awareness and understanding of others
- Connect with others who have similar problems and experiences
- Decrease isolation and loneliness
- Receive multiple perspectives on your concerns
- Enhance the quality of relationships
- Experience meaningful and authentic connections with others
- Develop new, healthier ways of relating to others
- Identify, express, and experience feelings
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
For more information about the groups I run, please click on the group you are interested in below.
- Mindfulness Group for Kids
- Mindfulness Group for Adults
- Social Skills Group for Middle Schoolers
- Celiac Disease Support Group
- Anger Management Skills Group
Sill questioning whether group counseling is a good fit for you? Contact me for a free consultation to get more information about the group you are interested in.